Terms & Conditions
Please contact the office for availability and details of how to book.
Terms and Conditions
1. The hiring contract shall be between the guest and the owner of the property for which the booking is made and subject to the following terms and conditions. Inyork Holidays act as agents for the owners of the property and are not principals.
2. All information is given in good faith, including the details of the property whether in writing or verbally and Inyork Holidays uses its best endeavours to ensure accuracy – therefore we do not hold ourselves responsible for any loss, damage or injury sustained by guests during their stay. HOLIDAY INSURANCE IS RECOMMENDED.
3. A deposit of 20% of the total cost of the rental is required with the booking form with the balance being paid no later than 4 weeks prior to arrival. If a booking form is submitted 4 weeks or less from the start of the period of stay then the full balance of rent must be paid. Key collection details will be provided when the full balance of rent is paid.
4. Cancellations by the guest of less than four weeks’ notice will be subject to forfeiture of the full charge if the property cannot be re-let. All other cancellations will be subject to forfeiture of the deposit paid.
5. The booking is made on the understanding that the property is available on the dates stated. If for any reason beyond the control of Inyork Holidays (e.g. fire, storm damage, flood, illness, sale or withdrawal of the property) the property is not available on the date booked, Inyork Holidays will use its best endeavours to provide alternative accommodation to the guest and his/her party but cannot guarantee that such will be provided and if such cannot be found or is not suitable then all monies paid by the guest shall be returned in full. Inyork Holidays shall not be liable for any loss, expense or inconvenience or otherwise resulting in such unavailability or unsuitability and the guest shall have no claim against them. The guest shall advise Inyork Holidays within seven days of being offered alternative accommodation whether or not it is acceptable. If the alternative property is more expensive, Inyork Holidays reserves the right to charge the difference at cost.
6. Inyork Holidays will not be responsible for any change in description of decoration or furnishings which may have taken place between the time of booking and arrival.
7. Inyork Holidays will not be liable for any act, neglect or default on the part of the owner or any other person or breakdown of any electrical appliances, nor for any accident, damage, loss, injury, expense or inconvenience whether to person or property which the guest or any other person may suffer.
8. The period of hire shall be from 2pm on the day of arrival and the property must be vacated by 10am on the day of departure. It is the responsibility of the guest to contact the Housekeeper 1 hour prior to the agreed arrival time to confirm they are on schedule, failure to do so may result in not being able to enter the property - emergency accommodation will be at your own expense. Arrivals on Bank Holidays and after 4:30pm Monday to Sunday are subject to an additional charge of £10.
9. The property may not be occupied by more than the maximum number of guests stated in the property description, except for children sleeping in travel cots as agreed at the time of reservation. The guest shall not sub-let any part of the property. Only those named on the booking form may stay in the property.
10. Guests are asked to maintain the property and its contents in a clean and tidy condition, failure to do so will result in an extra cleaning charge being levied. The guest shall be liable to the owner for any loss, costs, expenses or claims arising from any damage caused to the property and/or its contents by the deliberate or negligent act or omission of themselves or any person in his/her party.
11. Strictly no pets or smoking allowed in the property. If guests smoke in the property a £150 fine will be charged and, if we subsequently lose business, we reserve the right to recover our losses directly from the guest.
12. The guest shall allow the owner, or his agents or employees entry to the premises for all reasonable purposes.
13. Guests are asked to keep the noise to a reasonable level, particularly between the hours of 8pm and 11am.
14. Where a parking permit is provided it must be displayed prominently in the vehicle and must be left behind on day of departure. Failure to do so will incur a charge of £50.
15. All keys must be left behind on day of departure. Failure to do so will incur a charge for replacement.
16. If for any reason the guest is not satisfied with the accommodation, the housekeeper must be notified immediately. Whilst Inyork Holidays does not accept any responsibility if the guest is not satisfied with the accommodation offered it may, at its sole discretion, take up the matter with the owner on behalf of the guest no later than 5 days after the commencement of the period of the stay. Under no circumstances will Inyork Holidays’ liability exceed the rental paid for the property.
17. In these terms and conditions:
the expression ‘the owner’ shall mean the person or persons who have appointed and authorised Inyork Holidays to act as his/her/their agents
the expression ‘guest’ shall mean the person who signed the booking form